Professional at Home Caregivers
Whatever form of care is required, Commonwise is devoted to helping clients retain their health, freedom and good spirits—all in the comfort of their homes.
Commonwise delivers reliable care that honors clients and their families.
- We are flexible. We provide around-the-clock care, ranging from 4 to 24 hours per day. We also do not require a long-term contract. Our care agreements cover two-week increments, with no penalty for cancellation of services within 48 hours.
- We come to you. Our clients live in a variety of settings. Some reside in their own homes, with a family member or in an assisted living or nursing facility. We provide care wherever our clients call home.
- We invoice directly. All services are billed hourly. Medicare does not pay for non-medical home care services, so clients pay privately or pass costs through to participating long-term care insurance providers.
- We support clients with a team. Clients receive care from a custom team of caregivers, carefully selected to meet each client’s individual interests and needs. If a caregiver is not a good fit for a client, we will replace him or her with a more compatible member of our Care Team.
Preserving Health and Independence Through In Home Care
- We recruit only the best. We developed a scientific recruitment process for caregivers that extends far beyond a traditional background check. We worked with an organizational psychologist to research the competencies of our highest-performing caregivers, and we then mapped those traits to the pre-employment screening test that all Commonwise caregivers must pass.
- We have a trusted process. Each care relationship begins with a visit from an experienced registered nurse (RN). Our RN will conduct a complimentary assessment of the client’s needs and create a custom plan of care. Every plan of care includes a comprehensive review of the client’s medical history and support requirements, as well as detailed information about household and personal preferences.
Commonwise delivers reassurance and confidence to families.
- We perform in-depth screening and testing. In addition to our proprietary vetting process, every caregiver undergoes a pre-employment criminal background check, sexual misconduct search, driver and motor vehicle search, employment history verification, credential or certification verification and random drug testing.
- We are licensed and insured. We maintain comprehensive insurance coverage well beyond statutory requirements in all facets of our business to ensure that clients and their families can feel at ease in our care.
The Commonwise Care Team offers flexible shift configurations to support clients’ needs and lifestyles.
- Hourly care: Companionship and personal care services are provided from a minimum of 4 hours per day to up to 24 hours per day.
- Overnight care: If clients need assistance overnight with transfers or toileting or simply want the comfort of another person in the home, care can be organized in 10- to 12-hour increments.
- Full-time care: When the time comes, our Care Team can provide around-the-clock care. Full-time care is typically configured in three 8-hour shifts or two 12-hour shifts.
“I have been working with Commonwise for several years now in caring for my aging mother. Because of the high-quality caregivers, flexibility in scheduling and the exceptional directors, my mother has been able to stay in her own home. I had previously used two other agencies (in Charlottesville), and I was never satisfied with the quality of the people who were sent out. With Commonwise, that has never been a problem. Each and every caregiver has exceptional character! I have recommended Commonwise to many of my friends and will continue to do so without hesitation. Quality above and beyond the other agencies in town!”
Some clients have been planning ahead—and some haven’t had that luxury. In either case, rest assured that the Commonwise team has been preparing on clients’ behalf. Give us a call: We can typically begin providing care within 3 business days.