At Home Personal Care
Commonwise provides companionship and personal care services wherever our clients call home. We also offer care management support for clients who use our companionship and personal care services.
On principle, Commonwise does not offer separate “enrichment” services, because we believe that all clients benefit from the creative, personalized care of our exceptional Care Team. Enriching the lives of our clients is fundamental to everything we do at Commonwise—no extra fees attached.
Personal care services
As clients age or recover from an acute illness or surgery, they may need help with the activities of daily living. If clients require hands-on support, our Care Team can provide personal care services, such as:
- Assisting with transfers and ambulation
- Bathing and personal hygiene
- Toileting and incontinence support
- Dressing and grooming
- Exercise and range of motion support
Home care services
We also provide in-depth and customized support for clients who have specialized needs, including:
- Total care
- Hospice care
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Post-surgical care
- Respite care
If clients require an extra set of hands to remain healthy and independently active, our suite of companionship services may be the right fit. Typical requests include, but are not limited to:
- Medication reminders
- Housework and laundry
- Transportation and errands
- Meal preparation
- Bill pay
- Pet care
- Administrative assistance
Care management services
Existing clients may need guidance as they experience transitions in their health status or lifestyle. Commonwise care managers can provide comprehensive support in the following ways:
- Coordination and oversight of health services
- Medication management
- Long-term care insurance partnership
- Advocacy during acute care stays
- Attending medical appointments and procedures
- Obtaining medical equipment
Care management tool
As we provide care, families need to stay informed and connected. Family Room is a web platform that empowers clients and their families to track our care relationship. With Family Room, families can:
- View scheduled care. Keep all parties informed about the details of care.
- View caregiver assignments. Review which caregivers have been assigned to a client and view their photos.
- View care logs and shift tasks. See completed care logs in real time, including task updates and audio commentary from our caregivers.
- Keep everyone connected. Create unlimited logins for all family members.
- Pay electronically. Set up auto-pay, or login and split a bill online. View past invoices and update payment information to keep the billing process easy and stress free.
“When I approached Commonwise Home Care, seeking care for my parents, we already had some caregivers we had hired privately and had grown to love. We did not want to lose their super skills and kind, loving care. Amazingly, Commonwise offered to meet our caregivers, and if mutually agreeable, to hire them to continue as our family’s team. I needed a support system so that I could be more present with my parents, and Commonwise became that support. As we transitioned with our ‘legacy’ caregivers, Commonwise spent time getting to know them. With aging and home care, things can be stable and then there are sudden, complicated changes. Commonwise has handled this ebb and flow with finesse, and their care and attention to my parents’ needs has been exceptional.”
Our services are billed hourly, and we invoice directly. We accept most long-term care insurance plans.
Give us a call: We can typically begin providing care within 24 to 48 hours.