Attending the Symphony has never been easier for Commonwise clients.
Commonwise believes in the therapeutic power of music.
Music therapy has been proven to reduce depression, anxiety and chronic pain, all common experiences as we age. Additionally, music has benefits to those suffering from dementia.
Sadly, the exact conditions that music can positively impact (depression, anxiety, chronic pain) often prevent sufferers from feeling capable of undertaking an outing.
For these reasons, Commonwise Charlottesville has partnered with the Charlottesville Symphony at the University of Virginia to create pathways for our clients to enjoy and benefit from their incredible musical performances.
Specifically, Commonwise clients who would like to attend one of the following performances can bring along their Commonwise caregiver at no additional cost:
- February 18th at 3:30p | Brahms’ Second | Monticello High School
- March 25th at 3:30p | Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini | Martin Luther King, Jr. Performing Arts Center at Charlottesville High School
- April 29th at 3:30p | The Planets | Martin Luther King, Jr. Performing Arts Center at Charlottesville High School
The Charlottesville Symphony purposefully hosts Sunday afternoon performances away from the UVa Grounds where there are easy drop-off areas and free parking, as well as accessible seating.
Your Commonwise Caregiver can:
- Help you dress and prepare for the outing
- Drive you to the performance
- Support any bathroom breaks you may need
- Enjoy the performance with you
How to Buy Tickets:
If you are interested in purchasing tickets to a Charlottesville Symphony concert and coordinating a caregiver to help your loved one, select your seats online through the UVA Arts Box Office website at artsboxoffice.virginia.edu, or call the Box Office at (434) 924-3376, Monday-Friday, 12:00-5:00pm.
Call the Commonwise Charlottesville office to receive your “buy one get one” Promo Code. To use the Promo Code on the Box Office website, enter it into the small grey box in the upper right hand corner of the screen labeled “Promo Code” After entering the screen, click “Submit” before adding tickets to your shopping cart.
Tickets may be picked up at the ticket table in the high school lobby on the day of your chosen performance.