Commonwise is Hiring!
Commonwise is the region’s premiere home care provider and is in the midst of a major growth spurt. The work environment is mission-driven, fun, chaotic, stressful, and most importantly, joyful. The business at its core is caring for people: the caregivers, the clients, and the administrative team. “Caring for others is life’s highest and best calling.” If that doesn’t sound obvious then this is the wrong company for you. If you find your head nodding, then this could be the start of your dream job.
Role & Responsibilities
- Mastering the software “Clear Care” – the central repository of all client and caregiver information. It is a terrific system, but it will take some time to learn.
- Morning report to schedulers/care managers of all the calls that were received (by email) and a “hand-off” call with daytime scheduler at 8:00am Monday.
- Working with clients and caregivers (over the phone, email and text) to ensure shifts are filled and feedback collected (all hours)
- Solving emergent problems. Unfortunately, “life happens” for our caregivers (i.e., child sickness, car malfunctions, weather, illness) and they “call out” meaning they miss shifts without much notice. This means a stressful scramble to fill that shift with whatever qualified caregiver can be reached and convinced to fill the shift.
- Tact and social grace (patience) are required when dealing with caregivers who are in need of “professional coaching.” Believing a person can learn to bring the best version of themselves to the job will help a lot when it appears that a caregiver has not brought the best version of themselves to the job…
- Some of our clients suffer from dementia and other debilitating illnesses. They are scared and sometimes take it out on others, as do their adult children. While that is not “ok,” nevertheless, care coordination needs to overlook the occasional jab and be ever focused on solving what problems can be solved.
- Collaborating closely with other team members such as the clinical and recruiting team.
Expectations of After-Hours Weekend Scheduler:
- Remote, however, must live within the 30 mile radius of the Charlottesville area.
- Friday at 5pm to Monday at 8am; on call.
- Pay Rate: $600/Weekend Flat Rate – regardless of the number of actual hours worked.
Join our Charlottesville team
Commonwise Home Care is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.