Personal Care Assistant Caregiver
Commonwise is Hiring!
Commonwise was founded to challenge (and change) the way the Home Care Industry works by putting YOU first. We are growing our team of dedicated and compassionate caregivers and are looking for the best candidates in each of our markets.
Full-time, Part-time, or PRN – YOU can choose your schedule and make a difference with the older adults in our community.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Bring your compassion, joy, determination, and dependability, and be ready to join our mission, “To Truly Care for People.” The Commonwise Caregiver encourages clients to thrive in safety, autonomy, and quality of life by:
- Developing long-lasting relationships with clients and their families.
- Supporting families with dependable care during their times of need.
- Serving as an advocate for clients in community settings.
- Assisting with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living): Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Transferring, Feeding.
- Assisting with IADLs (Instrumental Activities of Daily Living): Light housekeeping, meal prep, driving clients, and creative hobbies to engage the client.
Our Care Team consists of those willing to be trained. Many of our team members were previously teachers, babysitters, baristas, retail and customer service personnel, and retirees. Their common thread – the desire to care for others in their community.
Benefits & Pay
- Starting at $16-25/hr
- Increase your pay through out Incentive Employee Program (IEP)
- Premium rates and referral bonuses
- Weekly pay!
- Options for mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid time & a half for holidays
- Health Insurance including vision and dental
Commonwise is an independently owned, non-medical in home care services provider. We are distinguished by the high quality of our care and operations teams. Commonwise outperforms competitors for two main reasons: 1) we pay our Caregivers industry-leading wages and 2) we employ Registered Nurse Care Managers to closely oversee client and Caregiver relationships.
Join our Charlottesville team
Commonwise Home Care is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.