Part-time Weekend Caregiver
Commonwise Is Hiring!
The part-time weekend caregiver job is an entry-level position. Our Care Team consists of those willing to be trained. Many of our team members were previously teachers, babysitters, baristas, retail and customer service personnel, retirees. Their common thread? The desire to care for others in their community.
Role & Responsibilities
Bring your compassion, joy, determination, and dependability, and be ready to join our mission, “To Truly Care for People.” The Commonwise Caregiver encourages clients to thrive in safety, autonomy, and quality of life by:
- Developing long-lasting relationships with clients and their families.
- Supporting families with dependable care during their times of need.
- Serving as an advocate for clients in community settings.
- Assisting with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living): Bathing, Dressing, Toileting, Transferring, Feeding.
- Assisting with IADLs (Instrumental Activities of Daily Living): Such as light housekeeping, meal prep, driving clients, and creative hobbies to engage the client.
Commonwise is a Charlottesville-based home care agency that puts YOU first so that you can provide our clients with the best care possible. We are growing our team of dedicated and compassionate caregivers and are looking for the best candidates in Charlottesville.
Benefits & Pay
- Starting at $16-25/hr
- Our Incentive Employee Program (IEP) – allows you to increase your pay through performance
- Premium rates and referral bonuses
- Weekly pay
- Options for Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid time & a half for holidays
- Health Insurance + Vision and Dental
Join our Charlottesville team
Commonwise Home Care is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.